Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tailored jacket is finally finished!

Just posting a few pictures of my tailored jacket , which I've previously mentioned it in my "Playing Tailor" post, as well as my "Pressing Bouclé Fabric" post. I finally sewed the buttons on today, after the jacket clothed my dress form for a few weeks while waiting for me to find buttons that suited my taste. I actually ended up using self-fabric covered buttons because I couldn't find anything else for the moment. This project was completed in a little over a month, and I worked on it whenever I found the time. Here are a few pictures:







You can find a few details about the fabric/information used to make the jacket in the two links that I mentioned above, and if you have any questions, you can them post by leaving a comment :) I'm also in the process of making a second jacket using the same pattern used to make this one, except I won't be tailoring it because I don't have the time/resources, and the type of fabric that I'm using cannot really be tailored. Hopefully I'll be able to give more details on the construction (and possibly more photos) at some other time -- they are too numerous to mention now ;)
I really enjoyed this project, even though it was a bit of a challenge at times, but I suppose that could be expected of my first tailoring project!

Note: I'm sorry that the photo quality is not as good as it could be -- a few of my pictures turned out to be more blury than I had expected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love everything with this jacket - style, color and how it fits! Great work!

Rebekah said...

Thank you :-)