A diary kept by an average seamstress who takes quite an interest to vintage clothing and fashion designing, and enjoys remaking "old-fashioned" clothing and sewing "modern" or "normal" clothes whenever she finds the time.
Friday, March 16, 2012
A New Dress For Spring. . .
Over the past week I've been working on a dress for Spring! I'm using Simplicity 2886, which I bought last year during a pattern sale.
I had hoped to make a summer dress with it, but since couldn't find the right material for the design, it was added to a pile of patterns with a similar plight. Fast forward to late September, when I crossed paths with a bolt of ivory sateen, printed with navy dots and bordered with roses:
It immediately brought the Simplicity pattern back to mind, being similar to the print used for View A. This dress should be fairly simple to fit; so far I've done a muslin of the bodice with a SBA, and it doesn't seem to need any other changes (yay!). I'm afraid I'll probably be skipping those cute pockets, though. I'd rather reduce visual bulk there, if I can ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love this pattern I'm looking for the right fabrics as well where did you find this so pretty
Post a Comment